On Wednesday I fly to Genoa before continuing to the Cote D'Azur, staying at, or near Theoule-sur-mer for 4 nights.
Ostensibly I am there to go to the practise sessions of the Monaco Grand Prix, though will not be attending the race, opting instead to watch it on TV, partly due to not having a ticket and partly due to the fact that you see the race itself better on TV! However circumstances may change once on the ground!
I have though a feeling my plan will be vindicated, as for once am staying in stunning accommodation, an old haunt of mine from many (many) years ago near Theoule-sur-Mer, and so will more than likely be quite happy watching the race on the telly in my room overlooking the Med, with maybe a glass of something to toast the "offs"
I hope to hire a car in Genoa, but if this is not possible will train it, a prospect if I am honest I quite relish as the train ride along to Ventimiglia and beyond is quite stunning!
Caroline has a ticket too, but more than likely will not be joining me due to Oscar and Poppy's O and A levels which are happening right now. Normally I would over-rule such a (misplaced!) sense of filial devotion, arguing that she is entitled to some fun too, but this time have to say I can understand "where she is coming from". Good luck Oskipops...wish we could ALL go!
Caroline has a ticket too, but more than likely will not be joining me due to Oscar and Poppy's O and A levels which are happening right now. Normally I would over-rule such a (misplaced!) sense of filial devotion, arguing that she is entitled to some fun too, but this time have to say I can understand "where she is coming from". Good luck Oskipops...wish we could ALL go!
No comments:
Post a Comment